I’m so excited to introduce you to Troy, TFP’s first associate photographer!
Troy will be my second shooter for all weddings, and we are both thrilled. Do you know why? He’s my BROTHER!
Troy just moved from Seattle to our tiny town of Upland, Indiana. We had our inaugural wedding last weekend and I’m so excited about the outcome.
I interviewed him so you can get to know him better:
What makes you a good photographer?
Photography tells us something about ourselves and how we see the world. I’m a licensed mental health counselor and in my work as a therapist, I value seeing life from various perspectives. This also is very evident in my photography. I strive to see things in new ways.
What do you think you’ll contribute to TFP on the wedding day?
How do you see us working as a team?
You come alive while interacting with people. I prefer to go into my own introspective world– I think my best work is created when I am free to roam. This makes the role of second shooter perfect for me. I think I have a great eye for details, finding the unexpected, and complimenting the work you do.
What excites you about working with ME, your beloved sister?
Since we’ve lived in separate states for the last 15 years, I’ve dreamed about how fun it would be to be in business together. I love the idea of a brother/sister photography team. I think it’s a unique combination, and our familiarity with each other is a huge asset. And let’s be honest, I’m used to you telling me what to do!
Tell me 10 things about you that have nothing to do with photography:
1. Documentaries are my new obsession, especially ones about food.
2. Victor Hugo is a genius.
3. After five years in Seattle, I finally fell in love with coffee.
4. I can fall asleep anywhere, at any time, and sleep through almost anything.
5. When I go road biking, I get excited to ride uphill.
6. I have a three-year supply of toothpaste from extreme couponing.
7. Roasted garbanzo beans might be my favorite food.
8. I have traveled to 49 states. I think we need to book a wedding in Alaska.
9. My day hasn’t started until I eat a bowl of Joe’s O’s.
10. Seinfeld is still the funniest show on television.